Serving the cities of Irvine, Tustin, Santa Ana, Orange & surrounding communities
Play With Friends
Increased training and support for all Junior Development League coaches for 2019
All Junior Development League players can attend our training sessions, delivered by professional coaches, at no additional cost
LAGOC makes every effort to support friend and coach requests, to maximize your child’s soccer experience
The LA Galaxy OC Junior Development League is designed as a fun instruction-based soccer league for 5 to 13-year-old boys and girls. These leagues combine learning in a fun and positive environment, and the excitement of league play through small-sided games.
Each well-thought-out session is designed to introduce young players to fundamental, age appropriate soccer techniques through fun games, and then put these newly learned skills immediately to use by playing small- sided games. The program operates under the simple philosophy that kids learn by playing. Thus, everyone plays virtually 100% of the time, in both practice and games – no lines, short explanations and lots of touches on the ball.
It is our goal that through volunteer coaching and by playing in a fun-filled environment which encourages learning, that this program will provide children with the foundation to enjoy the game of soccer for many years to come.
LA Galaxy makes every effort to support friend and coach requests to help maximize a childs’ soccer experience.
Please mark any requests during the registration process as they cannot be added after.
All our volunteer coaches have been subjected to and passed background checks through live scan, will have received their F coaching license from Cal South and are part of our ongoing coach development and training program.
U6 – U12 teams will practice once a week (times to be confirmed).
To supplement the volunteer coaching program we have the LA Galaxy OC Coerver Skillfull Edge Program.
.Registration for the Junior Development League Fall 2019 season includes:
- Practices beginning in August
- 10 weeks of training (1 practice per week)
- NINE weeks of games
- End of season tournament
- Small sided games to help develop “creative” players
- 1 session per week with volunteer coach – click here to volunteer to coach
- Coerver Skillfull Edge sessions with a professional trainer (attend as many as you’d like)
- Coach mentoring sessions with a professional trainer available to aid volunteer coach
- Professional season long curriculum
- Balanced bracketing – equal ability teams can play against each other
- Play with friends program
- Adidas uniform for players
- Paid referees – no volunteer requirement
- End of season trophies
- A clear progression through our Player Pathway
Coerver Skillful Edge
At LA Galaxy OC we believe that, to play the game, our children should have as many tools as possible.
The Coerver Skillfull Edge program is an age appropriate, skills development program taught by professional coaches. It is designed to help players improve outside of their normal team training sessions. These sessions are delivered by skilled Coerver instructors.
This program is included as part of the registration fee for all of our Junior Development League players.
Players can attend as many sessions as they’d like.
“At Arsenal, we believe totally in the Coerver® method. We have collaborated closely with Alf Galustian for more than 16 years to instill these training techniques in our academy.” Liam Brady, Former Academy Director, ARSENAL FC
Coerver Skillfull Edge schedule (Dates, Times to be announced):
Spring 2019 Game Schedule – game schedule https://lagalaxyoc.sportngin.com
Games will take place at either Northwood Community Park, Oak Creek Community Park, Orchard Park or Pioneer Middle School. Field layouts below.
Northwood Community Park Oak Creek Community Park
Practices take place one day per week Monday through Thursday at Northwood Park at either 4:45-6pm or 6-7:15pm. Team practice times are determined by the coach along with the parents based on the needs and availability of the volunteer coach. Practice location/time requests are not accepted. Please adjust your schedule accordingly with the coach/assigned team.
Players are expected to bring to practice:
- Shin guards
Northwood Community park
|4:45-6pm||1||Gruden B10||German G07/08||Kirkwood B10||Christensen B07/08|
|2||Romua G11/12||Park G07/08||Azar G05/06||Miller B07/08|
|3||Flores G11/12||Payne G09/10||Bendahmane B10||Penaflor G07/08|
|4||Mitchell G13||Wu G09/10||Kane B11||Goldenberg G11/12|
|5||Kaestner G13||Morales G13||Izumita B12||Puvvada G11/12|
|6||Park G13||Wallin/Jarzyna B11||Rangarajan B12||Kim G11/12|
|7||Uttam Shah G11/12||Beasley G11/12||Zabrocki B11||McCart/Vargas/Do G11/12|
|8||Brooks B13||Bonno G11/12||Zabrocki B11 #2||Hosseni B12|
|9||Stowell B13||Sidrid B13||Smith B12||Oyler B12|
|10||Khan B13||Grimm G13|
|6-7:15pm||1||Hoblitzelle G07/08||Makevich G05/06||Patankar B05/06||Moore B05/06|
|2||Mulhall B07/08||Clarke G09/10||Siddiqui B07/08||Thornhill G05/06|
|3||Flores B05/06||Gaw B07/08||Gaw G05/06||Canalita B05/06|
|4||Liu B11||Michelsen G09/10||Mann G07/08||Patankar G09/10|
|5||Lu B13||Dominguez G09/10||Lamb B13||Cuellar G11/12|
|6||Saati B11||Kim/Hong B12||Lorenz B12||Kuhn B09|
|7||Nirav Shah G11/12||McDaid/Latchman B13||Chen B11||Chung B10|
|8||Dueker B11||Mravle B12||Lin G09/10|
|9||Moore G09/10||Abarca B07/08|
|10||Iagrichi B10||Aziz B09|
We are always looking for coaches who would be prepared to volunteer their time to take a bigger part of your son/daughter’s progression as a soccer player……..and it is much easier than you think! We help you along the way to make it as easy as possible!
The requirements to coach within the LAGOC recreational soccer program are very simple:
- Register as a volunteer within the LAGOC program. Volunteer
- Create an account profile within the Cal South system to register as a coach and for LAGOC to assign you to our program. Cal South
- Hold an “F” license or higher (this is only valid until June 2019). All coaches need to have age appropriate training or an E license or higher by August 1st 2019.
- Go to the Cal South website to register for the online 4v4, 7v7, 9v9 or 11v11 course (you should take the class appropriate to the division you are coaching and upgrade to the relevant age you are coaching each season – for 6v6, take the 7v7 course ).
- Take a concussion course (this is an online 1 hour class) and save the certificate (see below). Click here to complete the course
- Complete a “Livescan” background check – this is done only once and once completed and you are approved through Cal South, you need not do this again. Cal South Livescan
- Complete a Cal South Admin Form each season and save. Admin Form
- Log In to the Cal South system
Upload Concussion Course Certificate
Submit Cal South Administrator form to firstname.lastname@example.org and bring a copy to the coaches meeting/training prior to the season starting.
Attend the pre season coaches meeting (mandatory)
If you are a returning coach who has already complied with these requirements, you only need to:
Register as a volunteer within the LAGOC program – Volunteer
Attend the coaches meeting.
LA Galaxy OC will support you as a coach with:
- A free coaching class before the season starts – Fall training date to be determined.
- Coaching equipment
- Professional training support – coach mentoring from an LA Galaxy professional coach to conduct your session (sign up based program – see below)
- A season long coaching curriculum.
- Practice fields professionally set up for your practice sessions.
- Paid for and scheduled referees for your games – no need to source your own refs
- Our Pro Skills Program – where your players can attend and develop individual skills outside of practice. You don’t have to be able to teach EVERYTHING!
- A goalkeeper program – to help players in this position, so you don’t have to.
- Bi weekly newsletter with coaching tips
- Periodic coach training events with select partners including our club Director of Coaching
Plus you receive $100 credit towards your registration fee!
Here is our LAGOC coaches handbook for Fall 2018
Coaches Accident Reporting
Here is the guide for accident reporting
Here are some resources provided by Cal South, to aid in your session planning
Things to know about play-practice-play
*Photos will be taken at least 30 minutes prior to your game time at your game field (there may be one field whose teams, for that day, need to go elsewhere just for pictures)
- Your team should show up, together, in uniform with their coach, ready for pictures and check in with the photographer
- Each player receives a 4×6 team photo, should you wish to purchase additional items, please bring the completed form along with you
- Pictures will be returned and available for pick up by the team coach on November 3, 2018, at your game location
- Take form, fill out and bring to picture day. You can access the form HERE
(Please sign the last page).
Cal South Form
For League: “Junior Development League”
For Club: “LA Galaxy OC”
For Age Group: Put players birth year
Division: Can be left blank
Team ID number: Can be left blank
LA Galaxy Orange County Junior Development League is in need of parent volunteers ton help in the smooth operation of the season.
If you are interested in any of these roles, please contact email@example.com
- Format of Play | Spring 2019
- Build Out Line
- U6 Additional Rules
- U7-U12 Additional Rules
- U14 Additional Rules
2013: U6 players play 4v4, size 3 ball, 4 x 10 minutes
2012/2011: U7 players play 6v6, size 3 ball, 4 x 10 minutes
2010/2009: U9 players play 7v7, size 4 ball, 2 x 25 minutes
2008/2007: U12 players play 9v9, size 4 ball, 2 x 25 minutes
2006/2005: U13 players play 11v11, size 5 ball, 2 x 30 minutes