LA Galaxy Orange County – East
Serving the cities of RSM, Mission Viejo, Lake Forest, Foothill Ranch and surrounding communities.
For any further information, please contact PCA Director Adam Rider – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academy programs have emerged as an alternative to the frustrating shortfalls in soccer development displayed by many pre-teens. This void is heavily influenced by coaching quality, consistency and the pressures to win at critical periods in the development process.
Pre-Club Academy is where we bring together players that show the same mentality, love and desire to learn the game of soccer and create a competitive environment for them to develop and flourish in, yet without the pressure of win/loss records.
The program is ideal preparation for Competitive Club soccer, with a high percentage (between 75% and 85%) of players progressing into our club system the following year.
Players are selected through talent identification and open tryouts to maintain a high level of talent and application thus encouraging players to help each other achieve their potential.
A small sided game format is applied to maximize touches per player and increase the number of times a decision is required.
The practice curriculum is focused on individual skills, ball mastery and footwork to build confidence enabling progressions into combinations and team aspects of the game.
PCA has three tiers.
Each tier has age specific coaching, development and advancement opportunities.
U8 Future Stars
Future Stars follows our “Discovery phase” – An introduction to the game:
- Focus 100% with the ball in possession
- Fun, learning environment
- Age appropriate level skill development
- In built soccer specific motor development –running, turning, checking
U10 Shooting Stars
Shooting Stars follows our “Foundation phase” – Building the technical foundation through ball mastery:
- Focus 75% with the ball in possession
- 25 % out of possession focus – defending principles & techniques
- Fun, learning and progressive environment
- Age appropriate level skill development – individual, unit, team based practice exposure
- Increased physical loadings in unit & team practice
- Introductory understanding of unit & team play principles in 7v7 progressing to 9v9
- Competitive games program to increase the validity of the learning environment
- Increased player led learning in the team environment
U12 Super Stars
Super Stars follows our “Premier phase” – Developing the tactical awareness:
- Focus 50% with the ball in possession – playing through the thirds
- 50% out of possession focus – defending principles & game transition
- Increasing physical loadings in unit & team specific practice
- Increased understanding of unit & team play principles in 9v9
- Unit specific and technical practice
- Position specific individual practice detail
- Unit specific tactical practice
- Competitive games program to increase experience of tactical demands
- Coach led demands to manage a competitive game
- Talent ID program
- Open tryouts for U8, U10 and U12
- Professional coaches – exposure to club coaches
- Preparation for competitive club soccer
- Spring and Fall seasons, 2 sessions per week plus games on Saturday
- 4v4, 6v6, 7v7, 9v9 in house gaming circuit
- All Professional Coaching
- 2 team practices a week
- Full Adidas PCA uniforms (and practice T-shirt)
- Pre-season training camp
- Saturday games
- End of season tournament
- Player Reviews
- Age appropriate Coaching Curriculum
- Opportunities to progress through the LAGOC player pathway
- LA Galaxy OC merchandise
- Coerver Training
- Paid referees (No volunteer requirement)
All for just $595
- Fall – Saturday Games End: October 26th
- End of Season Tournament: November 2nd or 3rd
The All Stars/Center of Excellence program will begin the week commencing November 11th 2019 and will continue through until January 30th 2020.
Spring PCA dates are below:
- Pre-Season Training Camp: first week in March
- Team Practice Begins: 2nd week in March
- Saturday Games Begin: 2nd weekend in March
- Saturday Games End: 2nd weekend in May
- End of Season Tournament: 3rd weekend in May
Pre season practice:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday starting August 19th
5.45-7pm each day
At St John’s Episcopal School in RSM.
starting the week of August 26th
5.45-7pm Monday and Wednesday
At St John’s Episcopal School in RSM
All games on Saturday, schedule to be confirmed.
For more information please contact PCA Director Francis Davin at email@example.com