Early bird registration for the 2017 LA Galaxy Orange County Fall Recreational Soccer Season is now open!
Early Bird Registration will open May 1 – 31st!
- Early Bird $199 (ends 5/31/17)
|Our Fall 2017 Recreational Registration includes:
2012: U6 players play 4v4, size 3 ball, 4 x 10 minutes
2011: U7 players play 6v6, size 4 ball, 2 x 20 minutes
2010: U8 players play 6v6, size 4 ball, 2 x 20 minutes
2009: U9 players play 7v7, size 4 ball, 2 x 25 minutes
2008: U10 players play 7v7, size 4 ball, 2 x 25 minutes
2007: U11 players play 9v9, size 4 ball, 2 x 25 minutes
2006: U12 players play 9v9, size 4 ball, 2 x 25 minutes
2005: U13 players play 11v11, size 5 ball, 2 x 30 minutes
2004: U14 players play 11v11, size 5 ball, 2 x 30 minutes
The Junior Development League Recreational Program is the foundation of LA Galaxy Orange County, serving over 2000 recreational players within the Orange County area.
The LAGOC Junior Development League is dedicated to providing a fun, safe and community based program. It is our mission to offer a program where players have the opportunity to technically improve, while having fun and building a love of the game, as well as providing unlimited growth opportunities for players of all skill levels and potentially acting as a stepping stone into the competitive program.
|Birth Year||Level||Players on Field||Offside||Heading||Free Kicks||Penalty Kicks||Game Time||Ball Size|
|2004||U14||11 v 11||Yes||Yes||Normal Rules||Yes||2 x 30 mins||5|
|2005||U13||11 v 11||Yes||Yes||Normal Rules||Yes||2 x 30 mins||5|
|2006||U12||9 v 9||Yes||Yes||Normal Rules||Yes||2 x 25 mins||4|
|2007||U11||9 v 9||Yes||No||Normal Rules||Yes||2 x 25 mins||4|
|2008||U10||7 v 7||No||No||Indirect||No||2 x 25 mins||4|
|2009||U9||7 v 7||No||No||Indirect||No||2 x 25 mins||4|
|2010||U8||6 v 6||No||No||Indirect||No||2 x 20 mins||4|
|2011||U7||6 v 6||No||No||Indirect||No||2 x 20 mins||4|
|2012||U6||4 v 4||No||No||Indirect||No||4 x 10 mins||3|
Game Day Rules and Guidelines
Coaches are expected to provide leadership and set an example of sportsmanship and positive behavior for their players and their parents.
- Parents and players will generally follow the coach’s lead. Remain calm and set a good example for your team to follow. Avoid negative comments, language, and watch your tone of voice.
- Each team shall be situated on opposite sidelines of the field. The coach of the HOME team will have first choice of selecting the sideline for their team to set up. AWAY team must set up on the opposite sideline. The HOME team is listed second on the website game schedule. For example, Yankees vs Angels (Angels is the HOME team).
- Let the players (kids) have fun and make mistakes. Adults make mistakes and so do professional soccer players. Children are no different.
- Avoid yelling and arguing with referees. This is NOT the World Cup nor club soccer. Not even close. There is only one referee on the field and he/she cannot see everything on the field.
- No scores will be recorded in the 2011 (U6) Division. Let them score all they can and have fun.
- In general, heading the ball is not allowed and discouraged in the upper divisions. Seriously, how much time do you really spend coaching your players to head a ball? Not worth the risk.
Coaches Code of Conduct
- I will instill the correct attitude towards training and games.
- I will teach my players transferable skills that they can use in all areas of life.
- I will show respect to everyone involved in the game including officials, opposing players, coaches, and spectators.
- I will never engage in rude, offensive, or abusive behavior.
- I will never shout at players for making mistakes.
- I will praise and provide constructive positive feedback.
- I will treat each player with the same amount respect.
- I will encourage parental support.
- I will keep learning and developing as a coach.
- I will promote fair play among my team.
Challenger Way Website
The Challenger Way website is an excellent resource to coaches of all ages and levels. Whether you are new to the game or an experienced coach looking for new ideas, you will find sample drills, videos, and coaching ideas that will help you run successful practices.
Click SIGN UP near the top right hand side of the screen and sign up using the code JGCA to waive the annual subscription fee and begin using the resources immediately.